The "All-in-One" Photo Manager from Start to Finish!
PhotoStudio 9 Professional is similar to the Home version, but included in this version is more advanced functionalities built for the true photographer enthusiast that wants things done the fun, easiest, and simple way.
- Support for work in 16 bits per channel
- Aquiring images web-spidering
& Canon RAW
- Special selections (lasso, polygonal,
- Copying partially of images
- Curves, noise removal, iron tool
- Custom filter function
- Support for .8bf plug in filters
- Scratch & replace
- Export to pdf & saving to FTP
- Video CD burning & DVD slideshow
maker & PDF slideshows
PhotoStudio 9 Pro is a complete suite for with comprehensive state of the art tools for photo editing from Start to Finish.
Photo Studio 9 is the new way to manage your photos. Have you ever bought photo software and found it’s missing something or it’s just too complicated to even get started? With Shortcut Photo Studio 9 Pro, this will never happen. With Shortcut Photo Studio 9 Professional you get an all-in-one photos program for every step from acquiring photos to sharing them.
- 16 bits per color channel
- New GPS support - unique worldwide!
- Great companion to Adobe® Photoshop®
- Includes the programs: Panorama Maker, 3D Photo Maker, Web Galleries
- Latest tools: DVD slideshows, PDF slideshows, special effect filters
- Acquire images from; camera, phone, PDA, scanner, CD/DVD, web, IPOD etc
- Enhance, design, repair, organize & print: including latest easy to use functionalities
- PhotoAlbums, Calenders, Invitations, posters etc.
- Extremely large list of functionalities for batch processing!
Shortcut PhotoStudio 9 Professional is an “all-in-one” photo manager that processes photos from start to finish. Version 9 brings new inspiration to your digital photo editing by offering several unique features not found elsewhere – a 3D photo wizard, web galleries, a panorama wizard, unlimited printing possibilities and much more. Bring in pictures from any digital photo source, correct defects, organize them, use and manage picture information and show off your creativity.
- New Program Core
Redesigned program core -- now supports processing of photos in 16 bit/channel color depth. Photo operations are performed at this color depth based on completely reworked algorithms, which means your pictures will suffer less loss of quality. This feature makes Shortcut Photo Studio a better companion than ever for professional users: it's now a full-fledged partner to specialized photo editing tools.
- 16-bit processing
is not just limited to a few operations; instead, it affects the vast majority of image edits and import/output filters.
- Easier Batch Photo Editing
It has always been easy to process many photos at once in Shortcut Photo Studio. But the latest version takes this even further. The old “batch operations window” has been replaced with a new Batch Filter that is more flexible and easier to use. Now in just a single step, you can set up any group of edits you want, in the order you want, and immediately apply them to all selected photos. No resaving between the edits in the batch means less loss of quality, as does 16-bit support.
- DVD Slideshows
Tabletop DVD players have by now become an almost guaranteed part of homes, and DVD recorders are pushing out old VHS video. We are also seeing the forceful arrival of high-quality wide-screen TVs. So photo viewing is not limited to just computer screens any more -- more and more frequently, it is taking place in front of a television. Shortcut Photo Studio 9 includes a new tool for creating interactive slideshows in DVD format that can be played on every tabletop player. It lets you:
- add many transition effects
- use text captions based on pictures’ descriptions and more, or ones entered by hand while using the DVD wizard
- set a music file or files as a soundtrack
- customize the slideshow background
- create both classical 4:3 and wide-screen 16:9 slideshows
- GPS Support: See Where Photos Were Taken
GPS navigation devices have also become a common part of everyday life. That is why Shortcut Photo Studio now lets you assign and make use of GPS coordinates for photos. You can assign GPS data automatically from a GPS device's track log if you wish, and you can use an on-line map of your choice for display. Knowing exactly where a photo was taken gives it a whole new dimension, which you will appreciate no matter whether you use your camera for to eristic play or professional work in the field.
- Assigning of geographic coordinates, including automated assignment based on a GPS device's track log
- Display of photo locations using GPS data in the photos’ picture information (EXIF) on on-line maps like Google Maps.
- Better Work with Picture Information
Work with digital photos’ “picture information” -- things like descriptions and keywords -- is important for efficient photo management. That is why we gave the new version new tools and functions to ease your work with them.
- New Descriptions Panel in the Browser so you can describe photos more easily
- Search and Replace function for picture information
- New variants for “variable text” (text that the program can fill in automatically for you) in version 9 related to this versions’ new functions
- Faster work with picture information that’s stored in XMP format
- Batch assignment of location (city and state)
- Easier, More Precise Editing
Shortcut Photo Studio has long progressed past being "just a browser with basic editing tools." The latest version provides more than ever to experienced users who demand precise settings to achieve the perfect look for the photos they are editing.
- You can copy parts of pictures among files and change their size, transparency, and border blurring in the process
- Editor selection tools now support antialiasing Improved Curves filter now lets you enter input/output values and use an eyedropper to fill in values
- The Editor now supports Adobe Photoshop plug-in filters (.8bf)
- New Resharpen filter
- New Custom filter
- You can now write text on your picture in the Editor directly
- Improved Publishing Tools
The broad scope of Shortcut Photo Studio’s publishing tools makes it unique among all tools on the market. Besides adding new publishing tools in this version, we've worked hard to improve the ones you're already offered.
- marking of holidays and other special days in calendars
- customizable display of state and other holidays as free days
- generation of “mini-previews” for previous and next month
- Direct assembly of vertical panoramas
- New Seasite PHP and Compact PHP templates, with comment support and spam protection
- New Find points automatically option in the 3D photography wizard
- Easier to Use
The program’s interface has seen some significant changes that make work with pictures and picture information easier and better organized.
- New Tutorials window for beginning users
- Preview/Information window now divisible into two separate windows
- A new look for the Information window, including a better look for histograms
- Structured display in the Information window, with commands to show and hide all items in a group
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts for menu items
- Showable/Hideable menu items in Browser and Editor
- Advanced file renaming in Browser:
- a suitable file name is offered automatically based on analysis of previous file and folder names
- warnings when files have bad names
OTHER NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Previews for video files in the browser.
- Preview of outputted name during batch renaming.
- You can change the case for photos’ extensions during downloading.
- Media archive now stores thumbnails outside the archive database (now easier to avoid hitting size limit).
- You can now turn off the mouse wheel's ability to move among pictures in the Editor.
- You can choose the edge background color when using precise rotation.
- Help panel in the browser for the Media Archive and Search Results.
- Newly broadened settings for the image in Image Function.
- Text in image:
- Support for multi-line text, including justification and line spacing preview for the font you've selected
- To Clipboard option for Send by E-mail function, to make it easier for you to prepare pictures for sending within an existing e-mail
- New options for displaying blowout and underexposed areas: You can turn de-saturation and element indicators on/off
- You can now use variable text to help name output folders when downloading photos
- Better support for display of the Nikon NEF RAW format
- Non-proportional perceptual resizing
- Panorama Wizard – helps you make panoramas easily. The program finds the shared points in the individual shots and joins them automatically and if possible perfectly. You can also manually edit the joining. It also includes automatic exposure correction.
- 3D Image Wizard - this wizard helps you create pseudo-3D images (anaglyphs) which appear in simulated 3D when viewed through special glasses with one red and one blue lens.
- Web Galleries – automatically create web photo galleries using pre-designed templates – no HTML experience required!
- PDF Slideshows – publish to PDF and share with family and friends.
- Photo Editing and Enhancement Tools - everything you need for enhancing photos and removing image defects: Exposure editing via the editing of colors, sharpness and histogram curves and levels; shadow brightening; red-eye removal, noise, and chromatic defects and barrel/pincushion correction; editing of perspective, horizon, and co linearity; retouching tools—clone stamp, iron, fill and paintbrush; rotation; cropping; batch operations, and more.
- Image Magic – effects like conversion to grayscale, color manipulation, explosions, oil painting, antique photo, add grain and waves. Plus frames, envelopes, soft shadows and more.
- Managing Your Digital Archive - descriptions, text and audio notes, keywords and cataloging of external media (CDs and DVDs). Searching, filtering and sorting; file operations; batch renaming and conversion.
- Unlimited possibilities for printing and presenting photos.
- Support for all types of digital cameras (both USB Mass Storage and Canon), scanning over the TWAIN interface, web image spidering, extended screen shots, and acquisition of data from the Clipboard.
- For further features on "How to…": please check the product details of Panorama Wizard, 3D Image Maker, Web Galleries: all these functionalities are included in Photo Studio 9 Pro!
Creating 3D Pictures (Anaglyphs)
The type of camera and of any other equipment used is not important; it only takes a little practice you can take source pictures yourself and then create a 3D image from them in Photo Studio.
How to Take Source Photos for 3D Pictures
You need to take two practically identical shot of the same subject from two angles that are about the same distance apart as typical human eyes (which in practice means to shoot the scene, shuffle about two and a half inches (or about seven centimeters) to the right or left, and shoot it again). It’s important to make sure the scene does not move and does not get a chance to change between shots, as will happen with quickly moving clouds, moving cars, etc. 3D photos of faraway subjects like landscapes will not stand out well with the normal horizontal distance between shots; use a larger distance for these.
Assembling a 3D Picture in Photo Studio
Once you have suitable source shots available, you simply need to use Photo Studio’s 3D Photo wizard to create a pseudo-3D image. A special algorithm melds the two source photos into one in such a way that, when viewed with special glasses with one red and one blue lens, they look 3D. This is because each eye perceives only a part of the photo. The expert term for such images is anaglyphs.
After you select both source images, Photo Studio tries to automatically find shared points, using which it takes care of precisely joining the images. You can manually edit, delete, and add shared points. It’s important to correctly mark which of the photos was taken on the right and which on the left, because if their positions are reversed, the 3D effect will not be visible in the resulting anaglyph.
During the next step, the actual creation of the anaglyph, you can still transpose the right and left shots, or manually correct the positions and rotations for the shots set by the 3D photo wizard. There are four types of anaglyphs provided: black-and-white, color, semi-color, and optimized.
Note: some persons with vision defects may not perceive anaglyphs as 3D images—they will see them as flat or only see one half or the other.
SUPPORTED FILE FORMATS
BMI, BMP, CR2, CRW, DIB, GIF, ICO, JPE, JPEG, JPG, MAC, MDM, MRW, NEF, ORF, PCD, PCX, PNG, PSD, PSP, RAW, RLE, TGA, THM, TIF, WPF, EMF, WMF, ZBR, ZCL, ZMF, ZMP
SUPPORTED MULTIMEDIA FORMATS (DirectX required)
ASF, AVI, M1V, MOV, MPE, MPEG, MPG, QT, WMV, AIF, AIFF, AU, MID, MIDI, MP3, MPA, RMI, SND, WAV and WMA
OS: Windows™ 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista
Processor: Pentium 300 MHz or higher
Memory: 128 MB RAM
HDD: 90+ MB of free disk space
Resolution: 800 × 600 High Color
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or higher must be installed for certain features to work correctly.